Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:07:27 +0000
From:      Josef El-Rayes <josef@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Nikolas Britton <freebsd@nbritton.org>
Cc:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tools of the trade on the *nix platform?

This is a MIME-formatted message.  If you see this text it means that your
E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

--=_daemon.li-17660-1104415647-0001-2

Nikolas Britton <freebsd@nbritton.org>:
> I'm a bit perplexed at what tools I should look at for web/html=20
> authoring stuff as I just (finally, been playing with BSD since 4.7)=20
> switched all the main computers around me to FreeBSD (Gnome 2.8 and XFce=
=20
> 4.2.... GTK2) from Windows when 5.3 was released.
> -------------------
> For generating layout and large amounts of code I'd use Dreamweaver or=20
> some other popular WYSIWYG editor.
> For generating CSS code I'd use Bradbury's TopStyle.

you dont need these wysiwyg editors, they create bad code.
write the code yourself. the only help you need is an editor
that has proper syntax highlighting and helps you with indenting.
i use vi(m). i heard emacs is good too.

-josef

--=20
Josef El-Rayes                   (__)