Date:      Wed, 27 May 2009 22:09:28 +0200
From:      Mel Flynn <mel.flynn+fbsd.questions@mailing.thruhere.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        "John Dakos \[ Enovation Technologies \]" <gdakos@enovation.gr>, Zbigniew Szalbot <z.szalbot@lcwords.com>
Subject:   Re: Stable Mail Server And Web Mail

On Monday 25 May 2009 13:53:40 Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > Hello all ,  I want to install a  Mail Server with  Webmail,
> >
> > Anybody to know a good Stable Mail Server and Web Mail
>
> I recommend the following step-by-step instructions:
> http://www.purplehat.org/?page_id=4

It's a detailed how-to but consider the following:
a) With Oracle acquiring Sun, one should move to PostgreSQL where ever
possible.
b) Spam Assassin is a resource hog, use mail/dspam.
c) While postfix-admin is ok for one box setup, it doesn't scale at all -
you'll have to install it for every physical machine to manage that specific
database for that box. I know of no alternatives, hence I'm rolling my own.

--
Mel