Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 13:30:06 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
Cc:        jgrosch@mooseriver.com, Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Windows Refund Day: Watch out for Linux tactics

At 12:22 PM 2/14/99 -0800, Amancio Hasty wrote:

>I will not be a bad idea if FreeBSD folks decide to show which I doubt
>for they love to hang out on the FreeBSD mailing lists to indeed
>wear a FreeBSD T-Shirt --- if you have one of course 8)

I think that's a great idea. Are FreeBSD buttons available? (If not,
it should be easy to take some readily available artwork and make some.)

But it's still important to talk directly to the press. Many of the
press people there (especially those who are NOT from computer trade
pubs) won't know that a picture of Chuck The Besneakered Daemon represents
something other than Linux. (They may even mistakenly believe that
it represents Microsoft and/or Bill Gates.) They'd better make the
point that FreeBSD is the "other, better free UNIX." Or, again, they'll
be seen as supporting Linux and will have been played for fools.

--Brett Glass