Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 21:18:10 -0400
From:      Craig Shrimpton <craigs@os.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disgruntled Linux User... questions about FreeBSD

At 07:56 PM 7/14/98 -0400, Brandon Lockhart wrote:
>What are you talking about, I was talking about for a HIGHLY used server,
>as in, more then cdrom.com, and I was talking about a REAL server, not a
>PC supped up.  I am talking about a rack mount server, a REAL server.
>Which in case you where out of the loop, most REAL servers use RISC.

I just logged in to cdrom.com and this is what it said:

220 wcarchive.cdrom.com FTP server (Version DG-3.1.11 Wed Jul 1 02:21:57
PDT 1998) ready.
331 Guest login ok, send your email address as password.
230-Welcome to wcarchive - home FTP site for Walnut Creek CDROM.
230-There are currently 2552 users out of 3200 possible.

If 2552 users downloading files simultaneously isn't a "heavily" used
server, I don't know what is.  As for the statement that real servers are
RISC, I'd file that along with "Blonds have more fun" and "Fat people are
naturally jolly."

A real server is one that works and hopefully, makes you money.

-Craig