Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:01:41 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vi woes

On Mon, Jun 15, 1998 at 07:00:08PM -0400, Dru wrote:
> Hi everyone! I've been sitting here quietly for about 2 months and I guess it
>
> Have to admit that it took about 2 configuration files and a sore ear before I
>
> Have found the vi tutorial in Unix Unleashed (chapter 7) invaluable as it has
>
> Hope I sent this message in the right email format; Sue will let me know if I

Well, since you asked :-)
What I quoted above is all of what I see of your message on my screen.

The only problem here is that your lines need to wrap at something less
that 80 characters. Either you'll have to set your mail up to start a new
line at, say, the 73rd character, or you'll have to whack the enter key
each time you get there.

Email readers aren't meant to (have to) wrap lines. It's supposed to be
delivered pre-wrapped. If you're sending email to a co-worker who, like
you, has been compelled to use the same software then you can do whatever
tricks the software will do. If it's going out over the Internet, you
have to do battle with the proprietary software to get it to obey the
email standards. It's not your fault! But it becomes your problem,
unfortunately.

http://www.lemis.com/email.html for more info (new version).
Or ask here for more tips.

--