Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 1996 19:11:11 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com (Don Lewis)
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org, newton@communica.com.au
Subject:   Re: BoS: Exploit for sendmail smtpd bug (ver. 8.7-8.8.2).

(This has nothing to do with security.  Moved to -chat where such drool
 belongs)

Don Lewis stands accused of saying:

> I'd like to be able to do "make release" to get a binary release with
> this already taken care of to make installation easier.  I'd also like
> the release to have unnecessary stuff like compilers and include files
> removed.

a) You can fiddle 'make release' to do anything you want, after all, you
   have the source, right?
b) Removing the compiler and "unnecessary" stuff may be less useful than
   you think.  But if you're determined to force people to use the GENERIC
   kernel, then go ahead and do it.  I'm sure _someone_ will love you,
   although these would be the people who were happy when Sun and SCO did
   the same thing.  *snort*