Date:      Thu, 6 Aug 1998 02:17:29 +0900 (JST)
From:      takas-su@is.aist-nara.ac.jp (SUGIMURA Takashi/ =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP3lCPBsoQg==?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCNS4bKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCO04bKEI=?=)
To:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jdk1.1.6.V98-7-21.tar.gz

In article of <Pine.GSO.3.93.980805104027.18714A-100000@flowbee.beckman.uiuc.edu>,
swwilso1@flowbee.beckman.uiuc.edu wrote:

>> To Whom it may concern:

I'm only a user,

>> I've tried downloading the file mentioned in the subject line from
>> www.freebsd.org/java several times from my FreeBSD box as well as my Win95
>> machinef and each time I run gunzip on the file I get a crc error.  Would
>> you check the file to make sure everything is ok.  If the file is ok,
>> would you point me to another place to get this file from.

I also download it from http://www.freebsd.org/java/ last week,
but it's all OK.
The checksum is the following:

% md5 jdk1.1.6.V98-7-21.tar.gz
MD5 (jdk1.1.6.V98-7-21.tar.gz) = a29020b1659bdb599e4fd6d9f8285eee

This is the same as ports/lang/jdk/files/md5 in ports-current.

By the way, I found a problem in it.
When I execute a Java application or applet by appletviewer,
it always shows only upper and left side.
It seems the calculation of the coordinates of the point is something wrong.

My environment is:

2.2.7-stable (98/08/02)
XFree86 3.3.2.3
fvwm95
etc.

The others are OK for me,
especially it is more stable and Japanese characters can be showed.
Thank you.

---
SUGIMURA Takashi (takas-su@is.aist-nara.ac.jp)
Software Engineering lab. of NAIST, 2nd grade of Master,
The FreeBSD Japanese Documentation Project