Date:      Fri, 08 Jun 2001 15:31:26 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfg1+@pitt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD direction/Damonnews article

At 16:10 08-06-2001 -0400, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
>> Have you considered porting it yourself?
>>
>Yes, but it's GPL'd and not critical for my interests, so I decided to
>pursue other, more interesting, things.

OK, then. BTW, I suspect they may regret GPL-ing it. According
to the web site, they have been developing this product for a
long time. They have been selling the Windows version for hundreds
of dollars.

They only released the source code last year for the first time.
Given that it is GPLed, anyone is now free to modify it to run
under Windows, and give it away.

So, by GPL-ing the code, they may have destroyed their source
of income.

Adam

---
http://phonecowboy.com/registrar/twist/ finds a good domain for you