Date:      Wed, 2 Dec 1998 09:46:26 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Sconiers <jrs@enteract.com>
To:        Thomas Good <tomg@nrnet.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: trifecta of beginner questions

> Just got BSD up and going...now trying to bring over some utils I
> am used to, and to colourize my environment.  Pardon the rookie
> questions - have tried a bit of RTFM but...
> I am currently stuck in the following areas:
> 1)  What is the equivalent of the UnixWare setcolour/Linux setterm
> command to set fg/bg console screen colours?

good question...I have and idea but defer to someone else....

> 2)  I do not have mtools installed yet...how may I get the tarball
> off of a floppy and onto my system?  Can FreeBSD read a system V fs?
> Should I stick with a dos formatted floppy (how can I mount it?).

depending on your installation it may be there...did you install off of a
cd-rom...over the net...did you download all the ports to your computer..
If you used a cd-rom it's probaly on the cd-rom if you downloaded over the
net....well the easiest way to do it woulld be to go into /usr/ports and
run do a make install..

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook26.html

http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/FAQ120.html

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook262.html