Date:      Mon, 09 Dec 96 18:27:18 -0800
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        cy@passer.osg.gov.bc.ca
Subject:   Will FreeBSD Run on This?

One of the local computer outlets here in Victoria, BC, has a special trade-up
push-pull-or-drag sale.  (The plan is to trade an old 286 machine in for the
Pentium promotion).  The deal is;

120 MHz Pentium, with 8 MB memory (if I decide to go ahead with the deal
I will have 32 MB installed), a 1 GB EIDE, a 3.5 inch floppy drive, an
S3 card, and a Micro$oft keyboard, all in a 13 inch tower case.

Does FreeBSD work with EIDE drives?  Is there anything I need to watch for?

Does anyone have any experience with the S3 card?  How well does it work
with X?

Cy Schubert                    OV/VM:  BCSC02(CSCHUBER)
Open Systems Support          BITNET:  CSCHUBER@BCSC02.BITNET
ITSD                        Internet:  cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca
                                       cschuber@bcsc02.gov.bc.ca

		"Quit spooling around, JES do it."