Date:      Mon, 5 Jan 1998 12:17:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Mitchell <brian@firehouse.net>
To:        "David E. Wexelblat" <dwex@DataFocus.com>
Cc:        "'devel@XFree86.Org'" <devel@XFree86.Org>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: interested in working on windows port (sorry for cross post)

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, David E. Wexelblat wrote:

> Who is your target audience?  Why on earth would I set up
> a windows box that is doing nothing but running X?  This
> seems extraordinarily useless - if I wanted a dedicated
> X machine, I'd run Linux on it.
>
> The only reason to put X on a Windows PC is interoperability.

That's my opinion as well (minus the linux part). I run exceed at work in
multiple window mode, it lets me get real work done. Full screen mode
seems more kludgy, since I can't run windows and x11 apps side by side.

However, my X needs are extremely slight, and I don't think it makes that
much of a difference.

The OS/2 (Warp) port of XF86 might be a good place to start.