Date:      Sun, 11 Aug 1996 15:31:21 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        jon@ctasim.com ("Jon Doran" )
Cc:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISDN Recommendations Requested...

My Ascend Pipeline 50 has been giving headaches lately .

1. It seems that heavy UDP traffic seems to clobber Ascend routers.
   For instance, mbone traffic . The problem was reported to Ascend and it
   looks like that they are having buffer management problems . The problem
   has been alleviated with the latest software release however it is still
   there with less frequency.

2. On my Ascend Pipeline 50 if I connect a second machine to my network it
   kills my Ascend Pipeline 50 . I have the single user license model however
   it should route my packets given that I am talking to the router via
   one ethernet interface. About a year ago , I asked Ascend if this would
   work and they said "Yes".

Overall, it is a good router and has serve me well for over a year.
I am waiting for Whistle.com to release their FreeBSD router which in my
opinion is a more suitable router at least for my environment since
it can handle mail / ftp / http , etc...

	Regards,
	Amancio