Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 1995 14:17:41 +0900
From:      Atsushi Murai <amurai@spec.co.jp>
To:        jkh@freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, daev@internet-eireann.ie
Subject:   Re: ij-ppp "problem"

"Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freebsd.org> wrote:
:I don't suppose there's a special filter for dealing with this without
:also denying SMTP connections altogether? (that would be bad).  If
:not, would the ijppp designers perhaps consider a new type of filter
:for designating packets that don't change the timeout counter?  I'm
:not talking about `dfilter', which prohibits a packet from triggering
:_dialing_, I'm talking about a filter which says "accept this packet,
:but don't bias the timeout with it - if nothing BUT these packets come
:in you can still hang up the line when the timer expires."
:
:Just an idea..  It would allow me to work-around this problem, at
:least..

I think you can set up by "afilter - keep alive filter" right now.
This filter will never reset idletimer count with deny keyword even
it's allow by ofilter.

I did implement this filter against original for doing such a case.

Here is example for you.
#
# Don't keep Alive with ICMP,DNS and SMTP packet
#
 set afilter 0 deny icmp
 set afilter 1 deny udp src eq 520
 set afilter 2 deny udp dst eq 520
 set afilter 3 deny tcp dst eq 25
#set afilter 4 deny tcp src eq 25 estab
 set afilter 4 permit 0/0 0/0

:Thanks!

Any time :-)

:					Jordan

Atsushi.

--
Atsushi Murai                                         E-Mail: amurai@spec.co.jp
SPEC                                                  Voice : +81-3-3833-5341