Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 1998 12:49:00 +1000
From:      "Eddie Irvine" <eirvine@tpgi.com.au>
To:        <stevet@vt.edu>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 2.2 stable compile problems

Steve wrote:

>Unknown % construct in generic makefile: %VERSREQ=       220000
>
>And the compile of the kernel works great until it attempts to
>load.  It then gives me a whole bunch of undefined symbol errors:
>
>isa.o: Undefined symbol isa_devtab_cam' referenced from text segment

Same problem here.
I went into /usr/src/usr.sbin/config and remade config.
Had to use the "find" command to locate the new config executable,
then copied it into /usr/sbin.

This assumes you are cvsupping the entire source tree, of course,
to get the latest source for config.

Worked fine after that (from STABLE two days ago)

Eddie.