Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:02:40 +1000 (EST)
From:      Stephen McKay <syssgm@devetir.qld.gov.au>
To:        cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de (Martin Cracauer)
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, syssgm@devetir.qld.gov.au
Subject:   Re: benchmark

cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de (Martin Cracauer) wrote:

[Martin beats on NT for a while, then, surprisingly, has a go at Unix too]

>Don't understand me wrong, Unix is junk, the whole concept to dump
>output as loose ascii data to stadout and rescan it in the next pipe
>citizen is ... l can't find words.

If I read you right, you are complaining about the ability to easily supply
the output from one program as input for another program.  This is so
amazingly useful, such a wondrously flexible tool, that I am stunned that
anyone could slight it.  Compare this vs the monolithic can't-get-at-the-
workings-of-anything stuff typical of DOS/Windows.

If you keep talking like this you'll never get a free beer out of me!

Stephen.