Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:59:00 -0600
From:      Brad Davis <so14k@so14k.com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
Subject:   Re: New firewall section (was: Re: HEADS UP: doc/ slush begins)

Hi Giorgos,

Thanks for your comments I have merged all of them except the few below I have
questions about.

> : +      <para>The IPFW sample rule set (found in
> : +        <filename>/etc/rc.firewall</filename>) delivered in the basic
> : +        install is outdated, complicated and does not use stateful
> : +        rules on the interface facing the public Internet. It
> : +        exclusively uses legacy stateless rules which only have the
> : +        ability to open or close the service ports. The IPFW example
> : +        stateful rules sets presented here supercede the
> : +        <filename>/etc/firewall.rc</filename> file distributed with the
> : +        system.</para>
>
> What are the ``service ports'' referred to here?

This does need better wording.. I can't come up with anything right now.

> : +      <para>The OpenBSD PF user's guide is here:
> : +        <ulink url="http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/index.html"></ulink>.
> : +        </para>
>
> Please trim the unnecessary whitespace here too.

Well the period is at line 71, so I pushed the </para> down so I wouldn't go
over the 72 line rule.

Also I have encountered an undefined &man.ipnat.8

Regards,
Brad

--
Hummingbirds never remember the words to songs.