Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 1996 11:00:24 +0100 (MET)
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.de>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Chat)
Subject:   Re: Drinking (Was: We want Perl!)

Terry Lambert writes:
> Many hangovers are the result of impurities other than the alcohol
> also causing histamine reactions.  Red wine was recently reported
> to cause hangovers worse than white wine, for instance, because of
> the impurities.

That's recent?  In this part of the world, where people perhaps drink
more wine, it's well-known (well, I know it, anyway :-).

> Most wines contain sulfites as preservatives.

Do they?  I know US wines often taste of sulphites, but over here
they're either used in significantly lower quantities, or they're
prohibited.  In Germany, I'd guess they're used in significantly lower
quantities, and the public is told they're prohibited.

> The motion sickness remedy I recommended will quiet stomach upset,
> headache, and vomiting (if you get that drunk) the morning after.

How safe is this?

> Realize that I'm not speaking from personal experience, since I have
> a dietary allergy to alcohol (I guess that blows everyone's theories
> on me being drunk while posting... 8-)).

Damn!

Greg