Date:      Tue, 3 Jul 2007 16:35:50 +0200
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   List of pf changes

--nextPart1773231.OGSZeGI1A9

Here is a list of significant changes to pf that came in with the import=20
from OpenBSD 4.1 (taken from the OpenBSD release notes):

3.8

3.9
* ftp-proxy has been rewritten, and a tftp version, tftp-proxy, has been=20
  added.

4.0
* pf(4) now supports Unicast Reverse Path Forwarding (uRPF) checks for=20
  simplified ingress filtering.

4.1
* The pflog(4) interface is now clonable. pf(4) can log to multiple pflog=20
  interfaces now, each rule can specify which pflog interface to log to.=20
  pflogd(8) can now be told which pflog interface to work with.

* pfctl(8) can now expire table entries.

* keep state is now the default for pf.conf(5) rules, as is the flags S/SA=
=20
  option on TCP connections. no state and flags any can be used to disable=
=20
  stateful filtering or TCP flags checking.

* The pfctl(8) ruleset optimiser can be enabled in pf.conf(5).

* pf(4) anchors can now be loaded inline in the main pf.conf(5) and can be=
=20
  printed recursively.

* Allow pf(4) rules inside anchors to have their counters reset, and make=20
  counter read & reset an atomic operation.

I'm not sure if we have a good place to document this - thus I'm sending=20
it here.  I'd be interested in better pf documentation.  Maybe we can use=20
a wiki page?  Any help greatly appreciated!

=2D-=20
=46reeBSD Status reports due: 07/07/07 :-)