Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 19:34:04 +0200
From:      neal.tillery@cp.novartis.com
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   POP vs. Sendmail

Well I finally configured PPP to work on my home computer this weekend
(I've had it running on my friends network for about a week now).  I
then sat then and wondered what to do next.  Mail!  The problem is after
reading the book I'm not sure which MTA I should use.  Should I take the
time to configure Sendmail to receive my mail form my ISP, or just
install POP to retrieve mail instead.  Right now I only have one PC, but
I plan to add 2 more in the next 3 months and I would like to have them
use the same PPP link to the Internet and receive mail also.  So my
question is for those who have configured mail already.  Should I set of
POP now, or go with the grueling configuration of Sendmail have it up
and ready when I add computers to my network?  If I use Sendmail, what
is the best way to do it; load it at boot time or call it from
ppp.linkup?

-- Neal Tillery
-- neal.tillery@cp.novartis.com