Date:      Thu, 03 Aug 2006 14:32:18 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        "Jonathan Horne" <jhorne@dfwlp.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trouble with cvsup

"Jonathan Horne" <jhorne@dfwlp.org> writes:

> (resent, as i was in too much of a hurry this morning, and forgot to add a
> subject line)

> im having a problem with cvsup-ing my existing sources.  if i update an
> existing set, i get this:
>
>  -=(oooooooooooooooooo)=(cvsup18.us.freebsd.org)=-
>
> Parsing supfile "/root/stable-supfile"
> Connecting to cvsup15.us.freebsd.org
> Connected to cvsup15.us.freebsd.org
> Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
> Negotiating file attribute support
> Exchanging collection information
> Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
> Running
> Updating collection src-all/cvs
> Server warning: RCS file error in
> "/usr/local/etc/cvsup/prefixes/FreeBSD.cvs/src/sys/modules/i2c/controllers/nfsmb/Makefile,v":

As far as I know, /usr/local/etc/cvsup is normally only used for
cvsupd.  Are you running that?  The regular stable-supfile shouldn't
touch that, ever.

I suppose you could look at the cvs checkouts file (in /var/db/sup by
default, I think) to see if that path shows up in there.

> none of my other boxes get an error like this, they all peform a normal
> cvs updating operation.
>
> any ideas?

Apparently, something is corrupting your database.