Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 23:33:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk@cybernothing.org>
Subject:   Re: New list?

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, J.D. Falk wrote:

> 	Would it be possible to start a list specifically for known
> 	problems with the current -STABLE code, perhaps announce-style
> 	so that only FreeBSD developers with clue can post to it?

Well, when people run out of interesting bugs to talk about, they
get bored and start chattering about other things...like the
amazing performance benefits of rack-mounting your computer.

I think most of the easy to fix things in -stable either have
been fixed or are pretty non-essential.  Some of the bigger
problems, like NFS, are being attacked in 3.0 and the effort of
bringing it back to 2.x is deemed too large considering the
volunteer resources available.

Basically, life in -stable land is blissfully dull at the moment.
:)

-john