Date:      Wed, 31 May 2006 11:24:22 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Cc:        rdivacky@freebsd.org
Subject:   Google Summer of Code project: linuxolator

Hi,

I'm happy to announce that one of the Google Summer of Code students =20
we got is working on improving the linuxolator in -current (yes, parts =20
which can be merged to -stable will be merged). Welcome Roman!

The goal is to update from the current linux kernel version (2.4.x) to =20
2.6.x. This will allow us to update the default linux base to FC5 in =20
the future, which is not possible ATM. A detailed TODO list is =20
available from "http://wikitest.freebsd.org/RomanDivacky". The TODO =20
list contains a lot more items than what can be delivered in the SoC, =20
so don't be surprised if the SoC ends and the TODO list still contains =20
some unfinished items.

I will commit milestones to current from time to time and announce =20
calls for help here accordingly. For each milestone we will need some =20
feedback from all of you how it works in your daily work. Additionaly =20
we may need some more specific reports about some behavior, but this =20
will be announced in the call for help.

I hope a lot of testers will participate to let "our" student enjoy =20
his Summer of Code and make it an experience he will remember well for =20
a long time.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~150 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen
http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137