Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 12:59:50 +0700 (ICT)
From:      Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tandberg SLR 100

>Is this SLR a QIC device?

Yes it is, well, it is a quater inch cartridge, but it is not a QIC
standard yet (?)

>Typically, QIC type tapes are problematic. I bought an SLR-5 to test with
>FreeBSD last year- that seems to work. The current quirk table entry should
>match correctly for it.

Any idea where/what is this table for FreeBSD 3.5?

>The QIC issues usually are: need 1 filemark only (quirks can handle this, also
>doing a 'mt seteotmodel'- see mt(1)- can make this explicit), usually need to
>be in fixed block mode (at 1024 byte blocks).

I have seen that discussion.

>So- the answer is "I haven't tried it. Should work." Hopefully one of the
>folks who use QICs more than I do can chime in. I'd recommend at least 4.0.

Any one that can tell me it works (given this and that configuration)
or it definitely does not work?

I could go for DLT, but I like QIC like technology better :)

Olivier