Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 12:35:17 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>, newbies@FreeBSD.ORG

Sue Blake wrote:

> What I said to you was that if you want to have a place where newbies
> can teach and learn from other newbies, fine, but plan it and execute
> it properly, from the ground up. I also offered to help you, because
> it's a lot of work. That offer is still open.

	Here is the charter from
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook345.html. Can you please explain
to me how Malartre sharing something he learned (by asking an excellent
question on -questions and digesting the responses) as a new user on the
new user's list violates this charter? It seems to me that he followed
the proper procedures, then fed back a handy tip that other new users
might miss. I just can't see where that is a bad thing.

Doug

FREEBSD-NEWBIES

      Newbies activities discussion
      We cover any of the activities of newbies that are not already
dealt with elsewhere, including: independent learning and problem
      solving techniques, finding and using resources and asking for
help elsewhere, how to use mailing lists and which lists to use, general
      chat, making mistakes, boasting, sharing ideas, stories, moral
(but not technical) support, and taking an active part in the FreeBSD
      community. We take our problems and support questions to
freebsd-questions, and use freebsd-newbies to meet others who are
      doing the same things that we do as newbies.

--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

When you don't know where you're going, every road will take you there.
     - Yiddish Proverb