Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:33:44 -0400
From:      Bush Doctor <guru@goku.cl.msu.edu>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATI Mach64-GB w/ XFree86 4.2.0 ... black screen?

Out of da blue Marc G. Fournier aka (scrappy@hub.org) said:

> Morning ...
>
> 	Just upgraded one of my colleagues computers ... brand new
> dual-AMD system, 512Meg of RAM ... really flies ...
>
> 	Copied in her old XF86Config file, as well as tried to regenerate
> one with xf86config, and when I do a 'startx', it just hangs there doing
> nothing ...
>
> 	Are there any problems with the ATI Mach64-GB card and 4.2.0?
> Something I'm overlooking to debug this?
I ran into the same problem.  I thought it was the video card.  Since it was a
few years old, i just picked up a used NVidia card and kept going.  In
graphics mode the screen was skewed and kept blinking every 10 seconds or so
in graphics mode

#;@0
--
"Consider a spherical bear, in simple harmonic motion..."
                -- Professor in the UCB physics department