Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2006 13:52:58 -0400
From:      Nicolas Blais <nb_root@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Oliver Iberien <odilist@sonic.net>
Subject:   Re: Newbie question: Is this something I should send to buglist?

--nextPart3789403.83RgNBivJr

On Sunday 30 July 2006 13:09, Oliver Iberien wrote:
> After running portsnap this morning:
>
> bsd# pkg_version -v > /home/oliver/version.txt
> "Makefile", line 54: Could not
> find /usr/ports/print/cups-lpr/../../print/cups/Makefile.common
> make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
> pkg_version: Failed to get PKGNAME from /usr/ports/print/cups-lpr/Makefil=
e!

> I take it that this means that there is something missing from this part =
of
> this port? I looked at
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-broken.ht=
ml
> and tried querying the data base (and was confused by the options), and
> searched the mailing list for the string cups-lpr. Nothing -- I think.
>
> Anyhow, I'm happy to do my bit and post this somewhere but don't want to
> start sending badly formatted or unnecessary bug reports around. Any
> advice?
>
> Oliver

This message is normal. cups-lpr is a port that no longer exists since the=
=20
update to 1.2.0 as it has been merged with cups-base. When you update to=20
cups-base 1.2.0_2, you won't get that message.=20

Whether I recommend you update to 1.2.0 is another thing though :)

=2D-=20
=46reeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #11: Sun Jul 30 12:12:59 EDT 2006    =20
root@clk01a:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CLK01A=20
PGP? : http://www.clkroot.net/security/nb_root.asc