Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 23:26:04 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Noses <noses@noses.com>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org, brooks@one-eyed-alien.net (Brooks Davis)
Subject:   Re: Casing wanted

In article <20010606100749.A5681@Odin.AC.HMC.Edu> brooks@one-eyed-alien.net (Brooks Davis) wrote:
> The PC Power & Cooling Solid Steel Tower has 10 bays, 8 external.
> If you pick up one of their 500W or redundent 420W power supplies
> and a couple of drive Y-s you should be able to connect everything.

Not quite; I've spent a few minutes with paper and pencil and the experience
of putting my head into a number of casings and my first guess is six drives
connected.

> You'll also have to buy mounting kits for all the drives as well since
> all the bays are are 5.25".  I haven't used those systems, but I own
> one of the mid towers and I'm quite happy with it.  It's really solid
> with no rough edges or anything.

Someone else also recommended these; they seem to be well worth the money
spent on them and I'll probably take one for the twin machine (which will
have - I'm mean 8-) a SCSI controller and disks for comparison just to see
if it got enough cooling for 10000 rpm IBM egg frying equipment.

Noses.