Date:      14 Jul 1998 23:17:39 -0700
From:      Faried Nawaz <self@id.hungry.com>
Subject:   Re: New List?

MRyan@VICMAIN.YPA.telstra.com.au (Ryan,  Martin) writes:

  Barely on topic?  Yes.  Noise?  Well it depends on your definition.
   Recent
  discussions about the best 100Mb/s cards and the not-so-subtle
  differences
  between a '*' in the password file vs a '#',  I, and I'm sure many others
  have
  found very useful.

Personally, I think the '*' vs '#' discussion was a newbie sysadmin issue,
not a -stable issue.

  Surely this is where that stuff belongs but it would be a great pity for
  us mere
  unix mortals to lose the "noise."  Perhaps there should be a
  FreeBSD-admins
  list?

There's freebsd-isp.