Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 1996 08:23:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Hench <hench@cae.uwm.edu>
To:        petzi@apfel.de (Michael Beckmann)
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tyan Tomcat ? 256 MB RAM ? DIMMs ?

> Hello,
>
> I was considering the Tyan Tomcat mainboard for a machine with
> more-than-average RAM. The mainboard manual claims it can accomodate 8 x 32
> MB SIMMs, but I'm not sure if I believe that. Has anyone tried that out ?
> 32 MB SIMMs are usually double-sided. If it could accept 6 of the 32 MB
> SIMMs, that would be OK for me, too.

i run 256 meg (8 32 meg simms) edo.
(lowest bid stuff, evergreen tech i think i got it from)
in my tomcat without any problems at all. dont forget to get the
additional goofy tag ram chip because the board will almost certainly ship
with a coast with 1 tag ram (and hence can only cache the first 64 meg)
bios ships configured for 70 ns dont forget to change that.

mike hench
hench@cae.uwm.edu