Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 1996 22:28:07 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        beau@webmaster.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install

> I'm booting up with the boot disk and the generic kernel recoginizes my
> floppy, hard, and SCSI CD-ROM drives, then everything goes blank except for
> a large white cursor in the lower left hand corner.  Nothing happens next,
> it just sits there.

Hmm. According to my boot messages, it should probe the video card
next. Can you tell us what video card you have?

If it's an ATI Mach, there are known problems with probing this card -
basically you have to enter -c at the boot prompt and disable sio3.

If it's not, or the above didn't work, or didn't make any sense,
please feel free to come back to us.

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk