Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2000 01:26:31 GMT
From:      "Administrador." <sppp@sfco.solsoft.net.ar>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   pthread errors with mysql

Hi.
I have instaled FreBSD 3.1 and have pkg_added the file 31upgrade.tgz to work with stable packages.
I needed to install mysql 3.22.27 server, I saw that libtool-1.3.3 and mysql-client where prerequites, so I added those packages without any problem, but when I add mysql-server-3.22.27.tgz, I get errors and in the file /var/db/mysql/server1.err have the following message:
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Undefined symbol "pthread_attr_setschedparam"
mysql ended on......
I'm not a Unix expert, even my english is not as good as I would like, but I have read all I could about mysql, and have downloaded a distribution from other site and read de READMEs, and found that it is supossed that FreeBSD 2.2.x must compile with MIT pthread, but 3.x must work with native pthreads...
Even more, I call man pthread, and I see that the function pthread_attr_setschedparam is defined.
Please help me solve this problem.
Thanks.

Sergio M. Jurio