Date:      Mon, 07 Aug 2006 11:46:14 -0400
From:      David Sledge <dsledge@appriss.com>
To:        Achilleus Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
Cc:        Ronald Klop <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Q) eclipse 3.2 (Callisto)

Could you elaborate a little bit on the above?
What "other" problems did you have?
Thanx.

   I got past the error that Sean was getting. I missed replacing an
   x86_64 to amd64 tag in the patch-build file. After working on it this
   weekend I found a couple of changes needed to the
   post-patch-plugins-swt-gtk-build.sh for the amd64 platform. Beyond
   that It builds successfully but it now crashes on startup. The splash
   screen shows for a few seconds and then it dies. Below is the stack
   trace that I am currently working on. If anyone knows why this error
   occurs on amd64 only please let me, it would save some time debugging
   it.
   !SESSION 2006-08-07 03:48:40.561
   eclipse.buildId=M20060629-1905
   java.version=1.5.0
   java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
   BootLoader constants: OS=freebsd, ARCH=amd64, WS=gtk, NL=en
   Command-line arguments:  -os freebsd -ws gtk -arch amd64
   !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2006-08-07 03:48:46.920
   !MESSAGE Application error
   !STACK 1
   java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: fixedClassInitProc
           at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Callback.bind(Native Method)
           at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Callback.<init>(Callback.java:123)
           at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Callback.<init>(Callback.java:78)
           at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Callback.<init>(Callback.java:60)
           at
   org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.createDisplay(Display.java:807)
           at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.create(Display.java:781)
           at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.<init>(Device.java:145)
           at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:452)
           at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:443)
           at
   org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createDisplay(Workbench.java:448)
           at
   org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createDisplay(PlatformUI.java:161)
           at
   org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.createDisplay(IDEApplicatio
   n.java :122)
           at
   org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:75)
           at
   org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActi
   vator.java:78)
           at
   org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplic
   ation (EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
           at
   org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(Ecl
   ipseAppLauncher.java:68)
           at
   org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.jav
   a :400)
           at
   org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.jav
   a:177)
   (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
           at
   sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccess
   orImpl.java:25)
           at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework
   (Main.java:336)
           at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
           at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
           at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)