Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 18:39:21 -0700
From:      Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
To:        Duncan Barclay <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>, FreeBSD-Newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Subject:   Re: I did it!! Success! Yes!!

At 06:47 AM 6/15/98 -0000, Duncan Barclay wrote:

>Why not move the modem to the FreeBSD box and use that your your
>router to the external world.

Thought about it, but then I would be forced to always have both machines
up and running just to grab my Email (and W95 boots faster than FreeBSD
with X).

Actually, what I'm gonna do is get a modem for the other machine, I think
it's time... enough fooling with proxy servers, etc. for a lousy 28.8
connection to the Net.  It ain't worth it when new modems are going so
cheap (I would need a $5 phone line splitter as well, of course).

Tim

--
My web site starts at http://www.serv.net/~fewtch/index.html -
lots of goodies for everyone, have a look if you have the time.