Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 97 15:34:16 -0700
From:      "Studded" <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>, "mikk0022@maroon.tc.umn.edu" <mikk0022@maroon.tc.umn.edu>
Subject:   Re: Rumors of the death of Unix have been greatly exaggerated...

On Sun, 24 Aug 1997 15:44:24 -0500, mikk0022@maroon.tc.umn.edu wrote:

Someone (Joerg?) wrote:
>> Except when the party involved wants official support, like about
>> all mayor corporations.
>
>Which isn't cheap for /any/ operating system.  And it exists for FreeBSD.
>(well, they have a sizeable 'consultants' page, anyway).

	Actually in way too many cases "support" means "someone we can
sue."  FreeBSD works in environments where the people that have the money
and make the decisions are going to have their hands on the hardware, but
once you start moving into the big money markets (I am speaking for the US
only, although I anticipate it's probably the same other places) having
someone to recover damages from is at least as important as having someone
on the other end of the tech-support number.

Doug

Do thou amend they face,
	and I'll amend my life.
-Shakespeare, "Henry V"