Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 11:42:38 +0000 ()
From:      francis yeung <fyeung@netific.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   webbox with bsdi

Greetings,

	The WebBox is a standalone BSDI system designed for
	personal web browsiing on TV. It contains no
	hard disk and has a CD drive.

	Is there a way that I can generate a standalone FreeBSD
	without hard disk ? What should I do with the swap space
	area ? Is there a virtual disk system (memory based) in FreeBSD ?
	If there is a one, can I assign the swap space to a file which
	resides in the virtual file system ?

	I have no intention to build a web box. But I want to create
	a floppy disk with a very small kernel which will run tcpdump
	so that I can use it as standalone traffic monitor to be used
	by the school for monitoring student's network traffic.
	It has to be standalone system and should NOT be downloaded from
	the network. Basically, the system gets booted up from the floppy
	disk and starts traffic monitoring.

	Thank you for your help.

	Francis