Date:      Mon, 9 Oct 2000 19:17:32 +0200
From:      Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
To:        Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: effective use of serial console

Hello Vivek,

> How do others set this up?  I guess I'm really looking for a really
> fail-safe serial console.

I'm wondering if there's a possibility to use USB console as this
would be even better for this case because you could build some kind
of network using USB hubs where the PCs don't need to rely on their twins
for serial console access. If you got one up, you can access all of
them... And after all, USB ports are more common today than serial
ones ;-)

Best regards,
 Gabriel