Date:      Sat, 01 Jan 2000 12:51:56 -0600
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Obtaining CTM deltas

MULLER Miklos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i'm trying to use CTM and have the following (theoretical)
> question: In the handbook there is a chapter about CTM,
> which says:
>
> "18.3.2.3. Starting off with CTM for the first time

> However, since the trees are many tens of megabytes, you should prefer to
> start from something already at hand. If you have a RELEASE CD, you can
> copy or extract an initial source from it. This will save a significant
> transfer of data.  ".
>
> Ok i have a release 3.0 and a release 3.3. CD, i unpack all the sources,
> say from the 3.3 release cd.
> Then how do i figure out which will be my starting delta?
> i can figure out the last modification time in the source tree
> and use deltas from the next day, but i'm not convinced, that this
> is the right way to do it.
>
> Comments?

I never could get this to work.  I found a delta on the ftp site that
has the word "Empty" in it, and started from there.  (Make sure that
the directory that you ctm into is empty before you start.)

--

Stephen Montgomery-Smith              stephen@math.missouri.edu
307 Math Science Building             stephen@showme.missouri.edu

Phone (573) 882 4540