Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 1998 13:22:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Martin Welk <mw@freibergnet.de>
To:        Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, jer@hughes.net, wes@softweyr.com
Subject:   Re: Disgruntled Linux User... questions about FreeBSD

On 13-Jul-98 Robert Swindells wrote:

() >> 2-4.1gb IBM SCSI hard drives
() >I haven't seen any bitching about the IBM drives lately, so they're
() >either working well or not very popular.  I seem to recall several
() >people mentioning them late last year, so maybe they're working
() >well?
()
()  They're working well.

So far, I can only confirm that. We have two DCAS 4330 running in an
68k Mac and a PowerMac clone, another two running in an HP Netserver and
another no-name PC with FreeBSD, and the Wide-SCSI variant, one running
in a Windows 95 (sorry) machine and two running in another FreeBSD server.
We´re going to receive three other machines with the non-wide version
next week, two of them also be used with FreeBSD... (non-wide because of
the cabling/termination problem with non-wide internal devices and the
fact, that we really want to connect external devices to that machines.)

Regards,

Martin
--
Liebscher & Partner Werbeagentur GbR    //                    Martin Welk
Advertising, Art Design & DTP          //          network administration