Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:20:17 +0800
From:      "Li-Lun Wang (Leland Wang)" <llwang@infor.org>
To:        Niki Denev <nike_d@cytexbg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ThinkPad X31 Hibernation

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 02:38:07PM +0300, Niki Denev wrote:
> And for the hibernation thing, i don't believe that you can make it work,
> it seems that the newer thinkpads, don't have bios assisted S4 state,
> (hw.acpi.s4bios). That in my understanding means that the machine relies on
> the host operating system to do the hibernation. And as far as i know, this
> works only under Windows XP.

I find that when using apm instead of acpi, hibernation does work with
Fn-F12 :) So I suppose it is the problem of FreeBSD's acpi...
I do not even need apm_enable="YES" or apmd_enable="YES" in rc.conf
for hibernation to work (actually I can't have them turned on as they
complain about the nonexistence of /dev/apm).
However, I suppose that apm does not support speed-step, so I must decide
whether hibernation or speed-step is more important for me...

-- Leland Wang

--
  e-mail address: llwang@infor.org