Date:      Mon, 17 Oct 2011 15:58:58 +0200
From:      ian ivy <sidetripping@gmail.com>
To:        Michal Varga <varga.michal@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GNOME2 - avahi daemons and various ports.

Hi, yes you are right - HAL is crap. On my other machine
with FreeBSD, I'm using Xfce4 without HAL and Dbus.
It is only a few lines in xorg.conf file to get rid of these things.

> I don't have gnome-session listening in both Gnome 2,
> nor Gnome 3. But no idea where your behavior might come from.

It is quite strange. Especially when you are saying that you don't have
gnome-session listening. Maybe someone else will knew solution?

> I'd go for pf in case you're concerned about external connections.

Thanks. When I saw these results of sockstat and netstat, I immediately
created a PF rules.
One more thing. For now, I starting GNOME with startx command, so I
must added to the .xinitrc file something like;

/usr/local/bin/gnome-session

Can you write, which login manager you are using? This may be related
to gnome-session listening.