Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 1999 15:13:08 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Q: Extending the sysctl MIB for Linuxulator variables

I kinda like the idea of a top-level compat category; it will keep the
top level uncluttered when sysv and iBCS compatibility start requiring
their own knobs, and if you put linux at the top level this will later
be used as justification for putting all the other "compat" stuff up
there too.  I think it's a slippery slope.

- Jordan