Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 20:15:03 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        gek <gekk0@usa.net>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: my list

On Wed, Aug 26, 1998 at 10:38:45PM -0700, gek wrote:
> Eventually I would like to develop a FAQ, to answer some of the simple
> questions, how to I delete a file, etc....Anyone interested in being the
> FAQ maintainer?  :)

Why is "How do I delete a file?" a FreeBSD question? It's a Unix question,
and there are a plethora of Unix resources out there that answer these
sorts of questions (see Sue's weekly FAK, or <URL:http://www.ugu.org/>).

I don't see why people have a problem posting questions to -questions.
You don't need to have subscribed to -questions in order to do so (so
the argument that you get lots of mail if you subscribe to -questions
is moot) and the peer review helps keep the answers accurate.

Work: nik@iii.co.uk                       | FreeBSD + Perl + Apache
Rest: nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk    | Remind me again why we need
Play: nik@freebsd.org                     | Microsoft?