Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 20:45:18 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        proff@suburbia.net
Subject:   Re: mmap #2

As Julian Assange wrote:

> > I think it was the other way around, it was truncating a mmap'd file.

> Hmm. I only test behavior in the first block. There are a lot of complicated
> involvements that can happen [...]

My only concern is that your test program should test this case as
well, since it seems to be of practical importance.  (The News gurus
love it to have mmap() available in INN, and this bug is a show-
stopper for them.)

It's less scaring to admit that we have a problem in this area, than
to release an mmap() test utility that does not test something that is
a known bug.  The latter will certainly be considered `biased' by the
advocates of those operating systems that don't suffer from this
problem.

--
cheers, J"org