Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 18:52:05 -0700
From:      Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
To:        "Stevan S." <sjsan@bga.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What do people on the list use FreeBSD for?

At 11:26 PM 6/14/98 -0500, you wrote:

>This might sound funny but I really don't have a use for FreeBSD yet.

Not so funny.  It's beneficial just to learn a *nix, even if you never use
it for a single productive thing (my viewpoint anyway).

>This
>is my first time installing an OS that I'm not familiar with, but with
>independent learning I hope to gain valuable experience of the unix world.
>To get a peek of what system administors encounter on a day to day basis.
>My background in computer also plays a role in learning FreeBSD. I very
>knowledgable about DOS, Win3.*, Win95, and NT and hope to add FreeBSD to my
>list of OS's. :)

Precisely where I was (and still am) one week ago.  Welcome to the group!

--
My web site starts at http://www.serv.net/~fewtch/index.html -
lots of goodies for everyone, have a look if you have the time.