Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 17:07:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Pat Lynch <lynch@rush.net>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Rod Taylor <dark@idiotswitch.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PR broken? was Re: Linux not FreeBSD?

Hrrrm I suppose you weren't at USENIX Brett....
 the *BSD's made quit a showing, with FreeBSD being the top out of the
three, the year before, there were half as many people, we *are* growing,
and we're getting technical, knowledgeable people. not lamers who want to
know where dir and copy went ;)

Theres alot of PR work done at the grassroots level, and considering the
maliciousness you hold towards linux, and thier supporters in general, I'm
wondering if you *really* want the linux type of PR.

At several Open Source events lately, FreeBSD has gotten almost as much
recognition as linux (at a forum at the Institute for Technology and
Enterprise, in NYC, at USENIX, etc.)

I don;t think its as broken as you want to think it is.

And personally I wouldn't buy from a store who told me "such and such
doesn't have any media hype surrounding it" (to paraphrase)

I know one thing, the general consensus of people I talked to at USENIX
were glad that there were no screaming , drooling, rabid FreeBSD fans. and
I think would prefer to keep it that way.

-Pat

Pat Lynch						lynch@rush.net
							lynch@bsdunix.net
Systems Administrator					Rush Networking