Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:17:55 -0700
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
To:        George Barnett <george@alink.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 1U rackmount cases

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 11:57:10AM +0100, George Barnett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking a relatively inexpensive 1U rackmount case.  I just need the
> case, so if anybody can suggest a good quality case that's a resonable
> price, please suggest away :)
>
> Alternatively, if anybody is throwing out any ancient/broken 1 or 2U servers
> in the Greater London area, I'd also like to hear from you..
>
> TIA

What size of 1U do you need ? For standard atx/miniatx, with 2 drive slots
single cpu look at the Supermicro SC512L. It has a 200W power supply and
costs US $115 at a local store here.

There is also SC512C, which includes CD-Rom and floppy but has only 1
drive slot. Local store sells that one for $199 including the cd-rom
and floppy.

Both are 14" deep cases, designed for 2 pole rack mount or wallmount, it
comes with a bracket to hang it.