Date:      Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:14:55 +0300
From:      alex65536@yandex.ru
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   toshiba portege r100 resumes from S3 after a small patch

I've found a way to make my toshiba portege r100 resume.

I just edited function ata_resume() in /usr/src/sys/dev/ata/ata-all.c like
that:

      int
      ata_resume(device_t dev)
      {
          printf("a delay to be sure disks have started...\n");
          DELAY(2000000);            // delay for 2 seconds
      }

Without that delay system crashes sometimes with message "ad0: detached".

I think that would work with some other toshiba laptops.

A small problem is that the delay occurs two times, for both ata
channels, but it's better than nothing.

Alexandre Scherbanov