Date:      Wed, 2 Dec 1998 11:04:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas Good <tomg@nrnet.org>
To:        "freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: trifecta of beginner questions

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, John Sconiers wrote:

Thanks folks for the speedy replies!

> > 1)  What is the equivalent of the UnixWare setcolour/Linux setterm
> > command to set fg/bg console screen colours?
>
> good question...I have and idea but defer to someone else....

Found it - this appears to be the 'vidcontrol' cmd.  Can't try it right
now as I'm stuck on a UnixWare box...but the man page looks good!

> depending on your installation it may be there...did you install off of a
> cd-rom...over the net...did you download all the ports to your computer..
> If you used a cd-rom it's probaly on the cd-rom if you downloaded over the
> net....well the easiest way to do it woulld be to go into /usr/ports and
> run do a make install..

Right!  Disk 4 of the Walnut Creek set has some tarballs...one thing I find
amusing is that the japanese version of pine is in the packages set on disk1
but std pine is buried.  Hee hee...

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Tom

    ----------- Sisters of Charity Medical Center ----------
                    Department of Psychiatry
                              ----
 Thomas Good, System Administrator            <tomg@q8.nrnet.org>
 North Richmond CMHC/Residential Services     Phone: 718-354-5528
 75 Vanderbilt Ave, Quarters 8                Fax:   718-354-5056
 Staten Island, NY   10304                    www.panix.com/~ugd
                              ----