Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 1998 19:44:57 +0900
From:      Ignaz KOHLBECKER <ignaz@fujita3.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ignaz@daikon.fujita3.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Subject:   PC-card not recognized

I am upgrading from FreeBSD2.2.1 to 2.2.5 on a Sanyo Winkey
MBC-S750 laptop. Lan-PC-card 3Com 3C589C and Modem card worked
fine before. Upgrade with boot-pao.flp works, the network
card is recognized during the upgrade process. Then I reboot,
again run /stand/config, menu config/PC-card. Kernel recompile
fails with "out of swap" (swap is 100MB).

>From this mailing list, I learned that 2.2.5 recognizes my PC-card
even without PAO. So I tried, but it fails. I edited the parameters in /etc/rc.* in
accordance with what I had before upgrading, but I get the
following errors during boot:

Automatic reboot in progress...
pccard: /dev/card0: Device not configured
Enable PC-card.Doing initial network setup: hostname.
warning: card 3Com Corporation(3C589) has no valid configuration

What am I doing wrong? Did anybody have similar problems?

Ignaz