Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 2008 01:55:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Telpiz Sorin <margelatto@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        margelatto@yahoo.com
Subject:   Installing FreeBSD

=A0tried several times to install 7.0-RELEASE x amd64 on=A0my friend's=A0ma=
chine that is eqiupped with hard drive manufactured by Samsung. The hard dr=
ive (master) appears to have SATA interface, nonetheless SYSINSTALL regogni=
zes it as ad04!=0ABesides, SYSINSTALL complains about the disk's geometry=
=A0. The text console works very slowly, though the machine=A0(ASUS motherb=
oard) has 2 Gigs of RAM and=A0a=A0good GeForce video board. For comparison,=
 my old IBM machine ( PentiumII , 128Mb RAM , 16Mb video memory ) runs Free=
 BSD much more faster. Could you help us fix the=A0trouble?=0ABest regards =
and much thanks.=0Asorin at margelatto@yahoo.com=A0=A0=A0=A0=0A=0A=0A